Assam: 'Muslims being systematically targeted'
Congress MP Asaduddin Owaisi has demanded a CBI probe into the ongoing violence in Assam.
New Delhi: AIMIM leader and Congress MP Asaduddin Owaisi on Saturday came out strongly against the ongoing violence in the Kokrajhar and surrounding regions in Assam saying that Muslims were being systematically targeted in the state.
"We want a CBI inquiry into all that has happened. Muslims have been systematically targeted in the violence," he said.
He added, "Assam has a secular government and yet selective cleansing is happening here. We have asked the PM to look into the matter. He has assured he will speak to CM Tarun Gogoi."
He further demanded that a human rights team and the minority commission visit the affected areas in the state.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology