Assam: 'Muslims being systematically targeted'
Congress MP Asaduddin Owaisi has demanded a CBI probe into the ongoing violence in Assam.
New Delhi: AIMIM leader and Congress MP Asaduddin Owaisi on Saturday came out strongly against the ongoing violence in the Kokrajhar and surrounding regions in Assam saying that Muslims were being systematically targeted in the state.
"We want a CBI inquiry into all that has happened. Muslims have been systematically targeted in the violence," he said.
He added, "Assam has a secular government and yet selective cleansing is happening here. We have asked the PM to look into the matter. He has assured he will speak to CM Tarun Gogoi."
He further demanded that a human rights team and the minority commission visit the affected areas in the state.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC an Operational Necessity: Defence Experts
- Scarlett Case: Mother Writes to PM Modi, Wants Fresh Probe