P Kashyap achieves career-best ranking of No.7
Kashyap jumped a place, overtaking Chinese Chen Jin, to be in the top-7 in the men's singles rankings.
New Delhi: London Olympics quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap jumped to a career-best ranking of World No.7 in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released on Thursday.
The Hyderabadi jumped a place, overtaking Chinese Chen Jin, to be in the top-7 in the men's singles rankings while Mumbai's Ajay Jayaram retained his ranking of 30th.
In the women's singles, Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal also kept her No.2 position behind Olympic champion Li Xeurui while rising shuttler PV Sindhu, who beat Li last year, also retained her No.16.
Majority of the Indian shuttlers will next play in the India Open Super Series to be held here in the national capital from April 23-28 where Saina has got top billing.
Recommended For You
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?