Rajesh Khanna's name recommended for Padma award
Sources in I&B Ministry said names of filmmaker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma Shri.
New Delhi: Bollywood's first superstar Rajesh Khanna, who was not considered for Padma awards during his lifetime, could get one posthumously. The Information and Broadcasting Ministry is understood to have recommended Khanna's name for Padma Vibhushan under the arts category to the Home Ministry.
Names of filmmaker Ramesh Sippy and singer Kailash Kher are being recommended for Padma Shri, sources in I&B Ministry said. Khanna, who was also a Congress Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi Lok Sabha seat in 1991, died on July 18 this year.
Renowned singer Bhupen Hazarika was also given Padma Vibhushan after he died
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner