Padmavathi back in Congress
HYDERABAD: Rebel Congress MLC Pulla Padmavathi, who has been an ardent loyalist of YSR Congress party president Y S Jagan Mohan Re..
HYDERABAD: Rebel Congress MLC Pulla Padmavathi, who has been an ardent loyalist of YSR Congress party president Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, is back in the Congress party.
Speaking to reporters at the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) office here on Friday, she said she would continue in the Congress party and strengthen the leadership of AICC president Sonia Gandhi at the national level and chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy in the state.
She said Kiran Reddy took a historical decision to constitute a statutory body to monitor SC/ST sub-plan funds in the state.
It may be recalled that the CLP has lodged disqualification petitions against three MLCs including Padmavati, who were playing active role in the Jagan party and the Council chairman A Chakrapani issued notices to all three MLCs asking them to submit explanations within a week.
She met Kiran Kumar Reddy in the Assembly on Friday and expressed wish to continue in the Congress party.
Later she announced her decision to continue in the Congress to newsmen on the assembly premises.
Recommended For You
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology