DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Paes-Bhupathi win Miami title, clinch top spot
The duo defeated Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor 6-7(5),6-2, 10-5 in the finals of the Sony Ericsson Open.
Miami: Adding to the joy of India's cricket World Cup triumph, veteran tennis players Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi won their second title of the season by clinching the Sony Ericsson Open here to become number one in the ATP World Tour Doubles Team Rankings.
Third seeded Bhupathi and Paes rallied to beat second seeded Belarusian-Canadian pair of Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor 6-7(5) 6-2 10-5.
Paes had, in fact won the title even last year with Lukas Dlouhy but for Bhupathi it was his first career title at Crandon Park.
"The key (to us winning) was just fighting as a team. Like Leander said, we didn't play our best match of the week. All four of us were tentative in the beginning," Bhupathi told 'sonyericssonopen.com'.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- With An Arched Brow, Roger Moore Found Humor In Bond, Life
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO