Paes-Stepanek enter third round of US Open
The fifth seeds defeated unseeded Brazilian duo of Thomaz Bellucci and Joao Souza in straight sets 7-5, 7-6 (3).
New York: Indo-Czech pair of Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek moved into the U.S. Open third round here at the Flushing Meadows.
The fifth seeds defeated unseeded Brazilian duo of Thomaz Bellucci and Joao Souza in straight sets, 7-5, 7-6 (3), in one hour and 45 minutes Friday.
In the first set, Paes-Stepanek broke Bellucci-Souza on their second break point and sealed the set without losing a single game on their serve.
Both teams broke each other's serve once in the second set but the experienced fifth seeds were too good for their opponents in the tie-break which they clinched 7-3.
Bellucci-Souza served four double faults at crucial junctures which cost them the match.
Paes-Stepanek next face America-Australian pairing of Jesse Levine and Marinko Matosevic who overcame eleventh seeds Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen 6-1, 7-6, 6-4.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly