Paes-Stepanek enter third round of US Open
The fifth seeds defeated unseeded Brazilian duo of Thomaz Bellucci and Joao Souza in straight sets 7-5, 7-6 (3).
New York: Indo-Czech pair of Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek moved into the U.S. Open third round here at the Flushing Meadows.
The fifth seeds defeated unseeded Brazilian duo of Thomaz Bellucci and Joao Souza in straight sets, 7-5, 7-6 (3), in one hour and 45 minutes Friday.
In the first set, Paes-Stepanek broke Bellucci-Souza on their second break point and sealed the set without losing a single game on their serve.
Both teams broke each other's serve once in the second set but the experienced fifth seeds were too good for their opponents in the tie-break which they clinched 7-3.
Bellucci-Souza served four double faults at crucial junctures which cost them the match.
Paes-Stepanek next face America-Australian pairing of Jesse Levine and Marinko Matosevic who overcame eleventh seeds Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen 6-1, 7-6, 6-4.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast