Paes-Stepanek enter third round of US Open
The fifth seeds defeated unseeded Brazilian duo of Thomaz Bellucci and Joao Souza in straight sets 7-5, 7-6 (3).
New York: Indo-Czech pair of Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek moved into the U.S. Open third round here at the Flushing Meadows.
The fifth seeds defeated unseeded Brazilian duo of Thomaz Bellucci and Joao Souza in straight sets, 7-5, 7-6 (3), in one hour and 45 minutes Friday.
In the first set, Paes-Stepanek broke Bellucci-Souza on their second break point and sealed the set without losing a single game on their serve.
Both teams broke each other's serve once in the second set but the experienced fifth seeds were too good for their opponents in the tie-break which they clinched 7-3.
Bellucci-Souza served four double faults at crucial junctures which cost them the match.
Paes-Stepanek next face America-Australian pairing of Jesse Levine and Marinko Matosevic who overcame eleventh seeds Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen 6-1, 7-6, 6-4.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion