Paes-Stepanek pair move to Indian Wells quarter-finals
Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek downed Jonathan Erlich and Richard Gasquet in straight sets to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP Indian Wells Masters tournament.
Indian Wells: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek downed Jonathan Erlich and Richard Gasquet in straight sets to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP Indian Wells Masters tournament, here.
The fourth seeded Indo-Czech pair quelled the challenge of the wild card opponents 6-3 7-5 in one hour and 16 minutes in the second round of the USD 5,240,015 hard court event.
They will now fight out it with Swiss legend Roger Federer and his partner Stanislas Wawrinka, the singles Australian Open champion.
If Paes and Stepanek could cross the Federer-Wawrinka hurdle, it would be their best show of the season. Reaching the Australian Open quarterfinals has been the best performance of the year so far for the Indo-Czech pair.
Recommended For You
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1