Paes-Stepanek pair move to Indian Wells quarter-finals
Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek downed Jonathan Erlich and Richard Gasquet in straight sets to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP Indian Wells Masters tournament.
Indian Wells: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek downed Jonathan Erlich and Richard Gasquet in straight sets to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP Indian Wells Masters tournament, here.
The fourth seeded Indo-Czech pair quelled the challenge of the wild card opponents 6-3 7-5 in one hour and 16 minutes in the second round of the USD 5,240,015 hard court event.
They will now fight out it with Swiss legend Roger Federer and his partner Stanislas Wawrinka, the singles Australian Open champion.
If Paes and Stepanek could cross the Federer-Wawrinka hurdle, it would be their best show of the season. Reaching the Australian Open quarterfinals has been the best performance of the year so far for the Indo-Czech pair.
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- WATCH: Manchester United, Arsenal wish their fans in India a Happy Diwali
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- UP Police to Celebrate Diwali at Old Age Homes, Orphanages
- Shivaay Movie Review: Live