Paes-Stepanek pair move to Indian Wells quarter-finals
Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek downed Jonathan Erlich and Richard Gasquet in straight sets to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP Indian Wells Masters tournament.
Indian Wells: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek downed Jonathan Erlich and Richard Gasquet in straight sets to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP Indian Wells Masters tournament, here.
The fourth seeded Indo-Czech pair quelled the challenge of the wild card opponents 6-3 7-5 in one hour and 16 minutes in the second round of the USD 5,240,015 hard court event.
They will now fight out it with Swiss legend Roger Federer and his partner Stanislas Wawrinka, the singles Australian Open champion.
If Paes and Stepanek could cross the Federer-Wawrinka hurdle, it would be their best show of the season. Reaching the Australian Open quarterfinals has been the best performance of the year so far for the Indo-Czech pair.
- Jimmy Neesham to Miss Kolkata Test, Jeetan Patel's Arrival Delayed
- Gautam Gambhir 'Nervous as a Novice' After Shock Test Recall
- Strike rate is for bowlers, not batsmen: Anil Kumble
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir, Anushka, Aishwarya Caught Up in a Twisted Love Triangle
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch