DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Paes-Stepanek proceed to the quarter-finals at Aegon International
Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek proceeded to the quarter-finals winning 5-7, 7-6(5), 10-6 in one hour and 35 minutes against Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo.
Eastbourne: Veteran Indian tennis player Leander Paes celebrated his 40th birthday with a win in the men's doubles first round at the Aegon International here Monday.
Third seeded Paes and Radek Stepanek proceeded to the quarter-finals winning 5-7, 7-6(5), 10-6 in one hour and 35 minutes against Croat-Brazilian pairing of Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo on the grass courts of Devonshire Park.
After losing the close first set the Indo-Czech pairing fought back to win the second in the tiebreaker and then dominated the super tiebreak to advance to the last eight clash.
Errors such as four double faults by Dodig-Marcelo also made it easy for the third seeds who converted three of the five break points they got in the match.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO