Paes-Stepanek proceed to the quarter-finals at Aegon International
Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek proceeded to the quarter-finals winning 5-7, 7-6(5), 10-6 in one hour and 35 minutes against Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo.
Eastbourne: Veteran Indian tennis player Leander Paes celebrated his 40th birthday with a win in the men's doubles first round at the Aegon International here Monday.
Third seeded Paes and Radek Stepanek proceeded to the quarter-finals winning 5-7, 7-6(5), 10-6 in one hour and 35 minutes against Croat-Brazilian pairing of Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo on the grass courts of Devonshire Park.
After losing the close first set the Indo-Czech pairing fought back to win the second in the tiebreaker and then dominated the super tiebreak to advance to the last eight clash.
Errors such as four double faults by Dodig-Marcelo also made it easy for the third seeds who converted three of the five break points they got in the match.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology