Paes-Tecau pair in 2nd round of Thailand Open
The top seeded Indo-Japanese pair recorded a hard-fought 6-4, 7-5 win over their unseeded rivals in one hour and 23 minutes.
Bangkok: Leander Paes and Horia Tecau overcame a stiff resistance from the Dutch pair of Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer to progress to the quarter-finals of the ATP Thailand Open, here on Wednesday.
The top seeded Indo-Japanese pair recorded a hard-fought 6-4, 7-5 win over their unseeded rivals in one hour and 23 minutes in the opening round of the USD 551,000 hard court tournament.
They next face Serbian Janko Tipsarevic and Alexander Waske of Germany.
Saving a breakpoint and converting one on the rivals' serve put the top-seeded pair ahead.
The second set was also a close affair as Paes and Tecau dropped their serve once but negated that by breaking the opponents twice.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It