Paes-Tecau pair in 2nd round of Thailand Open
The top seeded Indo-Japanese pair recorded a hard-fought 6-4, 7-5 win over their unseeded rivals in one hour and 23 minutes.
Bangkok: Leander Paes and Horia Tecau overcame a stiff resistance from the Dutch pair of Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer to progress to the quarter-finals of the ATP Thailand Open, here on Wednesday.
The top seeded Indo-Japanese pair recorded a hard-fought 6-4, 7-5 win over their unseeded rivals in one hour and 23 minutes in the opening round of the USD 551,000 hard court tournament.
They next face Serbian Janko Tipsarevic and Alexander Waske of Germany.
Saving a breakpoint and converting one on the rivals' serve put the top-seeded pair ahead.
The second set was also a close affair as Paes and Tecau dropped their serve once but negated that by breaking the opponents twice.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18