Paes to partner Tipsaveric in Chennai Open
Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi had won the 2011 edition but they parted ways.
Chennai: Veteran Indian tennis star Leander Paes will partner Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic in the doubles competition of the Aircel Chennai Open, starting on January 2.
Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi had won the 2011 edition but they parted ways yet again and have preferred to play with younger partners.
It means that home fans will see India's top three doubles players in action in the 17th edition of the event with Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna teaming up for the season.
World number nine Tipsarevic is the highest ranked player in the singles draw and was a semi-finalist in this year's event won by Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka.
The Serbian is equally adept in doubles play with a world ranking of 85. He was a doubles finalist in the 2010 Aircel Chennai Open and a semi-finalist in the 2011 edition.
"We are extremely pleased to have received confirmation from ace tennis player Leander Paes for the Aircel Chennai Open. It will be an added advantage for all tennis enthusiasts to see Leander in action with World No. 9 Janko Tipsarevic in the doubles. We wish them good luck and are sure of some exciting game of tennis," Karti P Chidambaram, Chairman Tournament Organising Committee and Vice President, AITA said.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)