Pak SC issues contempt notice to PM Ashraf
Raja Pervez Ashraf failed to approach the Swiss authorities to re-open corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
Islamabad: The Pakistan Supreme Court has issued a contempt notice to Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf for failing to approach the Swiss authorities to re-open corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
The Supreme Court's deadline to Ashraf ended on Wednesday. The apex court had struck down a new contempt law last week. The law aimed at preventing the Prime Minister from being pressured to revive the graft cases.
The same case had cost Ashraf's predecessor Yousuf Raza Gilani his Prime Ministerial post.
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- Kareena Kapoor Rings In Her 36th Birthday With Ranbir, Karisma, Saif Ali Khan
- Will Eat Lots of Food And Just Relax: Kareena Kapoor Opens Up About Her Birthday Plans
- 12 Ways Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Giving A Stylish Spin To Maternity Wear