Pak SC issues contempt notice to PM Ashraf
Raja Pervez Ashraf failed to approach the Swiss authorities to re-open corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
Islamabad: The Pakistan Supreme Court has issued a contempt notice to Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf for failing to approach the Swiss authorities to re-open corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
The Supreme Court's deadline to Ashraf ended on Wednesday. The apex court had struck down a new contempt law last week. The law aimed at preventing the Prime Minister from being pressured to revive the graft cases.
The same case had cost Ashraf's predecessor Yousuf Raza Gilani his Prime Ministerial post.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right