DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pak SC issues contempt notice to PM Ashraf
Raja Pervez Ashraf failed to approach the Swiss authorities to re-open corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
Islamabad: The Pakistan Supreme Court has issued a contempt notice to Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf for failing to approach the Swiss authorities to re-open corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
The Supreme Court's deadline to Ashraf ended on Wednesday. The apex court had struck down a new contempt law last week. The law aimed at preventing the Prime Minister from being pressured to revive the graft cases.
The same case had cost Ashraf's predecessor Yousuf Raza Gilani his Prime Ministerial post.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users