Pakistani soldier 'strays' into India, arrested
Sarfaraz Ahmed is an infantry man from Pakistan's Mujahideen brigade.
Srinagar: A Pakistan army regular, who sneaked into India, was arrested by security forces in north Kashmir's Kupwara district on Tuesday.
Sarfaraz Ahmed, an infantry man from the Mujahideen brigade, was nabbed by Army personnel near Neel border post, official sources said.
The Army is ascertaining whether Ahmed had some purpose or he simply strayed in the LoC, they said.
Army authorities are interrogating him and have not handed him yet to the police, they said.
Based on the cease-fire agreement between India and Pakistan, authorities will take the necessary action and the arrested soldier is likely to be sent back after the investigation, official sources said in New Delhi.
The Pakistani soldier is likely to be handed back on Wednesday, official sources said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology