Pak army probing report of Hakimullah Mehsud's death
Pakistani Taliban leader stuck in US missile strike.
Islamabad: The Pakistani army says it is investigating reports that Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud has died from injuries sustained in a US drone missile strike.
Pakistani army spokesman Gen. Athar Abbas says the army is using its agents in Pakistan's northwest where the death is reported to have occurred to try to confirm or deny the reports.
Pakistani state TV reported earlier Sunday that Mehsud died in Orakzai tribal area, where he was reportedly being treated for his injuries. It cited "official sources."
Pakistani intelligence officials have said that Mehsud was targeted in a US drone strike in South Waziristan on January 14, triggering rumors he had been injured or killed.
Mehsud issued two audio tapes after the strike denying the rumors.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18