DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pak army probing report of Hakimullah Mehsud's death
Pakistani Taliban leader stuck in US missile strike.
Islamabad: The Pakistani army says it is investigating reports that Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud has died from injuries sustained in a US drone missile strike.
Pakistani army spokesman Gen. Athar Abbas says the army is using its agents in Pakistan's northwest where the death is reported to have occurred to try to confirm or deny the reports.
Pakistani state TV reported earlier Sunday that Mehsud died in Orakzai tribal area, where he was reportedly being treated for his injuries. It cited "official sources."
Pakistani intelligence officials have said that Mehsud was targeted in a US drone strike in South Waziristan on January 14, triggering rumors he had been injured or killed.
Mehsud issued two audio tapes after the strike denying the rumors.
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan