Pak army probing report of Hakimullah Mehsud's death
Pakistani Taliban leader stuck in US missile strike.
Islamabad: The Pakistani army says it is investigating reports that Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud has died from injuries sustained in a US drone missile strike.
Pakistani army spokesman Gen. Athar Abbas says the army is using its agents in Pakistan's northwest where the death is reported to have occurred to try to confirm or deny the reports.
Pakistani state TV reported earlier Sunday that Mehsud died in Orakzai tribal area, where he was reportedly being treated for his injuries. It cited "official sources."
Pakistani intelligence officials have said that Mehsud was targeted in a US drone strike in South Waziristan on January 14, triggering rumors he had been injured or killed.
Mehsud issued two audio tapes after the strike denying the rumors.
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance
- Kareena Kapoor Calls Herself a Selfie Queen