Pak Army Resorts to Heavy Shelling in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch District
The Pakistani Army on Saturday night resorted to heavy shelling of forward military posts and civilian areas in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
An Indian Army soldier keeps guard from a bunker near the border with Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir. (Photo: Reuters)
Jammu: The Pakistani Army on Saturday night resorted to heavy shelling of forward military posts and civilian areas in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Pakistani troops used mortar bombs and fired with automatic weapons from across the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati sector, prompting Indian troops to retaliate, a senior army officer said.
"Pakistani Army initiated indiscriminate firing of small arms, automatics, 82 mm and 120 mm mortars from 2030 hours along the Line of Control (LC) in Krishana Ghati sector," a senior army officer said.
Reports said that the Pakistani troops also targeted civilian population and hamelts along the LoC in Krishna Ghati and Balnoie areas of Poonch district, triggering panic among the area dwellers.
The Indian Army is retaliating strongly and effectively, the officer said, adding the firing is presently on.
Recommended For You
- India vs Sri Lanka 1st ODI Match Highlights: Dhawan & Kohli Take India Home
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- Mahakali Actors Gagan Kang, Arijit Lavania Killed in a Road Accident
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Turns Heads In A Traditional Anamika Khanna Attire
- Pro Kabaddi 2017: Puneri Paltans Thump Defending Champs Patna Pirates 47-42