20 killed, several injured in suicide blast in Pakistan
The blasts happened in Pakistan's restive northwestern Swat valley.
Islamabad: At least 20 people were killed and several others injured today when a suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a police station in Pakistan's restive northwestern Swat valley.
The attacker drove the vehicle into the police station at Charbagh, located about 10 km from Mingora, the main town of Swat district, on Saturday.
Paramilitary troops were also deployed at the police station in Charbagh, which has witnessed violent attacks by the militants in the recent past.
State-run PTV reported that 20 people were killed in the attack. Curfew was imposed in the region and the injured were rushed to nearby hospitals in private vehicles.
Muslim Khan, the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan spokesperson in Swat, claimed responsibility for the attack. The security forces are currently conducting operations against the local Taliban in the Swat valley.
The bombing was the third suicide attack in Pakistan since Tuesday, when 30 people were killed when a suicide bomber blew himself up in a hospital at Dera Ismail Khan city in the same province.
A total of 78 people were killed when three suicide bombers blew themselves up outside an ordnance factory complex in Wah cantonment, about 50 km from Islamabad, on Thursday.
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Amitabh Bachchan Feels It's Pitiable For a Woman To Catch Culprit But Not Take Action
- Pink Has Become a Movement, Says Amitabh Bachchan
- Centre To Use Pink As Platform To Promote FIR Law: Shoojit Sircar
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump's Sniffles Had Internet Choking