Pak: Christian boy's body found with torture marks
Eleven-year-old Samuel Yaqoob's burnt body was found near a drain with his lips, nose and belly cut off.
Lahore: As the furore over the arrest of a minor Christian girl over blasphemy charge is yet to die down, the body of a 11-year-old boy from the minority community, bearing torture marks, was found in Faisalabad city of Pakistan's Punjab province on Wednesday, police said.
Samuel Yaqoob, a resident of the Christian Colony of Faisalabad, 100 km from Lahore, was brutally tortured before being killed. He had been missing since the evening of August 20, when he had stepped out of his home to go to the market.
Yaqoob's burnt body was found near a drain of the Christian Colony today. His lips, nose and belly were cut off and he could hardly be recognised as his body was badly burnt, relatives said. The boy's family recognised him from a mark on his forehead. Police sent the body for an autopsy.
Yaqoob's family and other residents of the Christian Colony staged a protest and demanded the arrest of his killers.
Asia Bibi, the boy's mother, told police that her family had no enmity with anyone in the area. "We neither received any phone call for ransom nor were we told that Samuel had committed blasphemy," she said.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War