DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Dual nationality: Pak SC disqualifies 11 MPs
Interior Minister Rehman Malik was also disqualified for misrepresentation of facts in his 2008 declaration.
Islamabad: The Pakistan Supreme Court on Thursday disqualified 11 parliamentarians, including Interior Minister Rahman Malik, for holding dual nationality.
As reported by the Pakistani daily 'The Express Tribune', the other members who have been disqualified are - Farha Naz Ispahani, Zahid Iqbal, Jamil Malik, Farhat Mehmood Khan, Nadia Gabol, Amna Buttar, Ahmed Ali Shah, Wasim Qadir, Nadeem Khadim and Muhammad Ikhlaq.
Rehman Malik was declared ineligible for misrepresentation of facts in his 2008 declaration.
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) was also addressed in the verdict and was ordered to take oaths again from all members of parliament, said the report.
The court also ordered for all privileges provided to these parliament members to be recalled.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- AB De Villiers Angry at 'Ball-Tampering' Inference