Pak FM to visit India in July for talks
In preceding month, both countries have held a series of meetings on peace and security.
Islamabad: Pakistan on Friday said that its Foreign Minister will be travelling to India next month to take forward the bilateral peace process.
"What we can deliver at this stage is that our Foreign Minister will be visiting New Delhi in July," Pakistan High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik said.
On the ongoing Foreign Secretary-level talks, Malik said, "they are going well."
Pakistan currently has Hina Rabbani Khar as Minister of State for Foreign Affairs. But there are reports that Pakistan government has decided to elevate her to full-fledged cabinet rank ahead of crucial talks with India next month.
Even without elevation, India has already expressed its view that it will not have any hesitation in hosting Rabbani for the Foreign Minister-level talks in July.
There has been a series of meetings between the two neighbours and the ongoing two-day Foreign Secretary-level talks is part of the preparation for the next month's meeting.
In preceding month, both countries have held a series of meetings on peace and security and Confidence Building Measures.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Top 5 Controversies Over the Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Champions League: Sergio Aguero stars as Man City sink Monaco