Pak FM to visit India in July for talks
In preceding month, both countries have held a series of meetings on peace and security.
Islamabad: Pakistan on Friday said that its Foreign Minister will be travelling to India next month to take forward the bilateral peace process.
"What we can deliver at this stage is that our Foreign Minister will be visiting New Delhi in July," Pakistan High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik said.
On the ongoing Foreign Secretary-level talks, Malik said, "they are going well."
Pakistan currently has Hina Rabbani Khar as Minister of State for Foreign Affairs. But there are reports that Pakistan government has decided to elevate her to full-fledged cabinet rank ahead of crucial talks with India next month.
Even without elevation, India has already expressed its view that it will not have any hesitation in hosting Rabbani for the Foreign Minister-level talks in July.
There has been a series of meetings between the two neighbours and the ongoing two-day Foreign Secretary-level talks is part of the preparation for the next month's meeting.
In preceding month, both countries have held a series of meetings on peace and security and Confidence Building Measures.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- India Accounts for 75% of Casualties Due to Air Pollution: WHO
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
From Our Network
- What ails Amma? Medical all-clear fails to end guessing job over Jayalalithaa's health- FirstPost
- JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha comes out in Arun Jaitley's defense, rules out his involvement in DDCA scam - Pradesh18
- Dadri lynching: Police find no evidence of cow slaughter by Akhlaq family, to file closure report - Pradesh18