Pak Foreign Minister in India, to discuss Sarabjit
Qureshi heads straight into discussions with External Affairs Minister, Pranab Mukherjee.
New Delhi: Pakistan's Foreign Minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi has arrived in Delhi along with a delegation for the next round of talks with India. Qureshi heads straight into discussions with External Affairs Minister, Pranab Mukherjee.
Qureshi's visit is the first visit of any leader from Pakistan's newly elected government to India. Indian officials say that they will be asking for clarity on the fate of Indians on death row in Pakistan, including Sarbjit Singh.
This comes after the new Pakistani government announced last week that it would commute all death sentences to life sentences.
Apart from this, the two sides will also discuss an eight-point composite dialogue, which will include topics like the troubling rise in cross border firing and infiltration, more trade and travel across the LOC in Kashmir, the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline and revising tough visa restrictions between both countries.
Qureshi will then meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and is expected to renew an invitation to him to visit Pakistan soon.
- SAARC Summit Decision on Saturday, Pakistan Remains Defiant
- Pakistan to go Ahead With SAARC Summit Despite Boycott by Members
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Jimmy Neesham to Miss Kolkata Test, Jeetan Patel's Arrival Delayed