Pak Foreign Minister in India, to discuss Sarabjit
Qureshi heads straight into discussions with External Affairs Minister, Pranab Mukherjee.
New Delhi: Pakistan's Foreign Minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi has arrived in Delhi along with a delegation for the next round of talks with India. Qureshi heads straight into discussions with External Affairs Minister, Pranab Mukherjee.
Qureshi's visit is the first visit of any leader from Pakistan's newly elected government to India. Indian officials say that they will be asking for clarity on the fate of Indians on death row in Pakistan, including Sarbjit Singh.
This comes after the new Pakistani government announced last week that it would commute all death sentences to life sentences.
Apart from this, the two sides will also discuss an eight-point composite dialogue, which will include topics like the troubling rise in cross border firing and infiltration, more trade and travel across the LOC in Kashmir, the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline and revising tough visa restrictions between both countries.
Qureshi will then meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and is expected to renew an invitation to him to visit Pakistan soon.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion