DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pak Foreign Minister in India, to discuss Sarabjit
Qureshi heads straight into discussions with External Affairs Minister, Pranab Mukherjee.
New Delhi: Pakistan's Foreign Minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi has arrived in Delhi along with a delegation for the next round of talks with India. Qureshi heads straight into discussions with External Affairs Minister, Pranab Mukherjee.
Qureshi's visit is the first visit of any leader from Pakistan's newly elected government to India. Indian officials say that they will be asking for clarity on the fate of Indians on death row in Pakistan, including Sarbjit Singh.
This comes after the new Pakistani government announced last week that it would commute all death sentences to life sentences.
Apart from this, the two sides will also discuss an eight-point composite dialogue, which will include topics like the troubling rise in cross border firing and infiltration, more trade and travel across the LOC in Kashmir, the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline and revising tough visa restrictions between both countries.
Qureshi will then meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and is expected to renew an invitation to him to visit Pakistan soon.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong