Pak journalist Saleem Shahzad's car found
Syed Saleem Shahzad's car has been found with an unidentified body inside it.
New Delhi: The car of the missing Pakistani journalist Syed Saleem Shahzad, has been found with an unidentified body inside it.
Saleem Shahzad went missing on Sunday after he wrote about links between the Pakistani navy and the al Qaeda - that led to the attack on the Mehran naval base earlier this month.
Human rights groups suspected that he has been detained by intelligence agencies for his reports over the Mehran base attack.
Pakistani media reported that a former Navy commando and two associates have been arrested in connection with May 22 attack on the naval base in Karachi. The attack on PNS Mehran left 10 security personnel dead.
Mehmal Sarfaraz, the Op-Ed editor of the 'Daily Times' told CNN-IBN that an FIR was filed.
Mehmal Sarfaraz claimed Shahzad had a premonition that he would be abducted by the ISI and left a note beforehand with a human rights group. "The Human Rights Watch has confirmed that the ISI has detained him. It's for a story he did on May 27 which dealt with sensitive info. It was an embarrassment for the government so he might have been picked up for that story. He'd left a letter with the HRW to say that if he went missing, to say that it is the ISI," Sarfaraz said.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav