Pak leaders greet India on Republic Day
Yousuf Raza Gilani said Pakistan is fully committed to developing friendly relations with India on the basis of sovereign equality.
Islamabad: Pakistan's top leadership greeted their Indian counterparts on the occasion of Republic Day, saying the two sides should work to resolve outstanding issues for the development of their people.
In a message sent to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said Pakistan is "fully committed to developing friendly relations with India on the basis of sovereign equality, mutual respect and commonality of interest".
"We believe that the development and well being of our peoples, and our common goal of a peaceful and prosperous South Asia, can be achieved through the resolution of all outstanding bilateral issues between us," Gilani added.
In a separate message to his Indian counterpart Pratibha Patil and the people of India, President Asif Ali Zardari said, "I am confident that our two countries would continue to endeavour to develop friendly, good neighbourly and cooperative relations. We wish the people of India progress and prosperity."
Zardari conveyed "warm felicitations and good wishes of the people of Pakistan" on the occasion of India's Republic Day.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films