Pak man set on fire for marrying against family's wishes
More than 90 per cent of the man's body was burnt, police and hospital officials said.
Lahore: A man was set on fire by his wife's relatives in Pakistan's Punjab province on Monday as he had married her three months ago against her family's wishes, police said. Muhammad Majid, a resident of Shehar Sultan in the suburbs of Muzaffargarh, married Samina Bibi of Karachi in court after her parents refused to agree to the wedding.
Samina's family had registered a case of kidnapping against Majid and police arrested his father and brother for investigation. On Monday, Samina's brother Abdul Sattar and three other men came to Shehar Sultan and set Majid on fire after sprinkling petrol on him.
He sustained serious burn injuries. Majid was taken to hospital in a precarious condition. More than 90 per cent of his body was burnt, police and hospital officials said. Police have launched a search for the men who attacked
Majid but were yet to make any arrests.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology