Pak minister thanks 'brother' Chidambaram
Pakistan Interioir Minister Rehman Malik thanked P Chidambaram for the successful Home Secretary level talks.
New Delhi: Pakistan's Twitter-savvy Interior Minister Rehman Malik has thanked Home Minister "brother" P Chidambaram for the successful Home Secretary level talks between the two countries which concluded on Tuesday.
"The meeting between the home secretaries of Pak and India has gone very well. Congratulation to both the teams... It is their first meeting after my meeting with H.E Mr. Chidambaram. Congratulation to brother Chidambaram," Malik posted a message on the micro-blogging web site 'Twitter'.
The talks which were led by Home Secretary GK Pillai from Indian side and Qamar Zaman Chaudhary, Interior Secretary of Pakistan, concluded with commitment to fight terrorism and reduce trust deficit between the two countries.
The minister who came under media criticism for warning Pakistan players to desist from any kind of fixing ahead of the high-octane cricket world cup semi-final match against India said his statement had been "twisted" out of context by media.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly