India raises ceasefire breach, Kabul attack at NSA meet
Two sides are also expected to schedule the next meeting of the anti-terror mechanism.
New Delhi: Pakistan's National Security Adviser Major General (retd) Mahmud Ali Durrani held his first round of meeting with his Indian counterpart MK Narayanan at Hyderabad House on Monday.
India raised its concern to Pakistan over the recent spurt in border ceasefire violations and the attack on its Embassy in Kabul for which ISI has been blamed.
The two sides are also expected to schedule the next meeting of the anti-terror mechanism.
Foreign Secretary Shiv Shanker Menon called Durrani an old friend of India and spelt out the agenda of talks with Durrani in this trip to India.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had already raised the Kabul Embassy attack issue with his Pakistani counterpart Yusuf Raza Gilani in Colombo on the sidelines of SAARC in August. Gilani had promised to hold an internal inquiry to ascertain whether or not ISI was involved.
The talks between the NSAs were a follow-up to the meeting between Singh and Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari in New York last month on the margins of UN General Assembly.
India has been asking Pakistan to fulfill its promises of not allowing territories under its control for anti-India activities to facilitate forward movement in bilateral ties which have gone through "difficult times" recently.
Zardari had assured Singh that his government would stand by its commitment of not allowing anti-India activities from Pakistani soil.
The two leaders had agreed that violence, hostility and terrorism have no place in the vision they share of the bilateral relationship and must be "visibly and verifiably" prevented.
They had agreed to work for an early and full normalisation of relations between India and Pakistan, on the basis of mutual respect, peaceful co-existence and non-interference.
(With inputs from PTI)
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir, Anushka, Aishwarya Caught Up in a Twisted Love Triangle
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan