Pak: PIA flight diverted to drop-off officer's daughter
The passengers were informed that the aircraft landed in Lahore due to some technical reasons.
Islamabad: A flight, which took-off from Karachi for Islamabad, took a detour and landed at Lahore to drop-off the daughter of an officer with the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), the flag carrier of Pakistan, said a media report on Wednesday. The Islamabad-bound PIA flight, which took off from Karachi, landed at Lahore airport allegedly to drop the airline officer's daughter, Geo TV quoted sources as saying.
Sources said the flight PK-562 was on the way from Karachi to Islamabad when it was diverted to Lahore to drop the daughter of PIA officer Tariq Javed. The passengers were informed that the aircraft landed in Lahore due to some technical reasons.
All is not well with PIA and President Asif Ali Zardari had in October 2011 called for implementation of a reform plan to tone it up. The plan called for arresting rising liabilities, stemming general decline and converting PIA into a profitable organisation.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology