Pak polls: Injured Imran records a video message for public
Imran was seriously injured after falling off a makeshift lift carrying him up to the stage from where he was to address an election rally in Lahore.
Islamabad: Imran Khan, who was seriously injured after a 15-foot fall at an election rally on Tuesday, has appealed to people to fight for their rights. Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman and former cricketer Imran Khan, in a video message from Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Shaukat Khanum Hospital, told Pakistanis to build a 'new Pakistan' characterized by justice, equality and respect for people, reported Geo TV.
Imran was seriously injured after falling off a makeshift lift carrying him up to the stage from where he was to address an election rally in Lahore. Pakistan goes to the polls May 11. "In 17 years of my political life, I did whatever I could for this country," he said.
He fought back tears and added: "I did not do any favour to anyone. God blessed me so much that I felt obligated to do something for the nation. Now, take responsibility. Take this fight as your own and not just mine. Fight for your own rights and for the future of your children."
"Come out and vote for your own self on May 11," he said. "Do not look at who the PTI's candidate is, just vote for the party's ideology."
He said if things continued to remain as they are for five more years, then "it might not be as troubling for me as it will be for you. So, I want you take responsibility and change your fate".
PTI leader Asad Umer tweeted that the CT Scan results show Imran Khan has suffered a minor fracture on his skull and that he will be fine. "CT scan results show only a minor fracture. IK will be fine Inshallah, though he is in a lot of pain."
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Replace Mahira, Fawad In Raees and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Demands MNS
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution