Pak: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif changes name of his office
Nawaz Sharif was formally elected as Prime Minister by the National Assembly or lower house of Parliament on Wednesday.
Islamabad: In one of his first decisions after assuming charge, Pakistan's new Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has changed the name of his office.
"Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has decided to rename the Prime Minister's Secretariat as Prime Minister's Office with immediate effect," said a brief statement issued by the premier's media office.
Nasir Mahmood Khosa, a senior bureaucrat from Punjab province, has been appointed the Secretary to the Prime Minister.
Fawad Hassan Fawad was appointed the Additional Secretary to the Prime Minister. Sharif was formally elected as Prime Minister by the National Assembly or lower house of Parliament on Wednesday. He was sworn-in hours later by President Asif Ali Zardari.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology