DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pak prisoners' security in Punjab jails tightened
As many as 57 prisoners, including two women from Pakistan, are lodged in five jails of Punjab.
Patiala: In the backdrop of the fatal attack on Sarabjit Singh in a Lahore jail, Punjab government on Thursday tightened the security of Pakistani prisoners lodged in various jails of the state.
The state government directed superintendents of jails in the Central jails of Punjab to shift Pakistani prisoners in the side barracks and Indian prisoners would not be allowed to interact with them, jail department sources told reporters.
As many as 57 prisoners, including two women from Pakistan, are lodged in five jails of Punjab. Amritsar Jail has 38 prisoners, Ferozepur - 8, Ludhiana 2 (women), Kapurthala - 2, Patiala - 3 and Nabha - 4.
The jail authorities have been told that Pakistani prisoners would not be allowed to come out from their barrack till further orders. Normally they are allowed to move in jail compound from 10 am to 2 pm.
Jail officials have been instructed to check food given to these prisoners and supply them directly in their barracks, sources said.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?