US panel calls Pakistan world's worst violator of religious freedom
The panel report demanded that Pakistan be designated a country of particular concern amidst rising cases of religious intolerance.
Washington: A panel in the United States has asked the government to continue its visa ban on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi. The same report has deemed Pakistan the world's worst violator of religious freedom.
The report demanded that Pakistan be designated a country of particular concern. The report has also cited Afghanistan as being very poor for dissenting Sunni Muslims, Shias, Sikhs, Hindus and Christians.
It also says that Taliban deliberately targeted individuals and all activity deemed un-Islamic. The panel report asked the US to increase its diplomatic and military presence in Afghanistan to promote religious freedom.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers