Pak soldier killed in IED explosion
The IED went off near Sholam, 12 km from Wana, one of the main towns in South Waziristan.
Islamabad: An IED explosion along a road in the restive South Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan killed a soldier and injured another on Tuesday, security officials said.
The improvised explosive device went off near Sholam, 12 km from Wana, one of the main towns in South Waziristan Agency.
One soldier was killed instantly by the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack. The army says it has cleared South Waziristan following an operation against militants but the region has witnessed a spurt in attacks in the past few weeks.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century