Pak troops open fire in J&K's Nowshera sector
Pak troops targeted Nowshera sector in Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops on Thursday targeted Nowshera sector in Jammu and Kashmir and fired eight mortar shells.
Pakistani forces resorted to intermittent firing of mortar shells in Jhangarh area of Nowshera sector in Rajouri district for 45 minutes from 0640 hours, defence spokesman Lt. Col S D Goswami told PTI here.
Indian troops exercised restraint and did not retaliate, he said, adding there was no loss of life or damage to property in the shelling.
"The troops are alert all along the Line of Control (LoC) to foil any evil design of the enemy", the spokesman added.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks