Davis case: Pak court orders another arrest
Court orders arrest of another US consulate staffer in the Lahore shooting case.
Delhi: A Pakistani court has ordered the arrest of a second US consular employee in connection with the fatal shooting of two men in Lahore.
US diplomat Raymond Davis is in jail for the same crime - the subject of an intense diplomatic stand-off between US and Pakistan over his diplomatic status.
Davis was arrested on January 27 after he shot and killed two armed men he said were trying to rob him at Mozang in Lahore.
The Pakistan government, fearful of a backlash due to growing anti-American sentiment in the country, has rejected US demands to free Davis and said his case will be decided by the courts.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology