DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pak violates ceasefire at LoC again, no casualties reported
This is the second ceasefire violation in the past four days.
Jammu: Pakistani troops fired on Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, the second ceasefire violation in the past four days.
Pakistan troops opened small arms firing on Indian posts in Nangi Tikri forward area along LoC in Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch on Monday night, Defence PRO S N Acharya said.
He said the firing continued for 10 minutes from 8:10 PM to 8:20 PM. Troops guarding the borderline did not retaliate, Acharya said, adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
Troops are vigilant along the border line and patrolling has been intensified in view of reports of attempts of infiltration from across the border.
On June 7, a Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) was killed when Pakistan opened heavy fire with automatic weapons and rockets on Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch sector.
Earlier, on May 27, Pakistani troops had pounded Indian posts along the LoC in the Poonch sector with rockets. A Brigadier and two jawans were injured on May 24, when Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian positions along the LoC in Tutmari Gali sector in Jammu and Kashmir.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere