Pak violates truce again, targets Indian positions in Poonch
The firing was intermittent and continued for a brief period, the PRO said adding Indian troops did not retaliate.
Jammu: In the second ceasefire violation in less than a week, Pakistani troops on Monday pounded Indian posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch sector with rockets and Pika rifle rounds. There was no loss of life or damage to property on the Indian side, PRO Defence SN Acharya told PTI.
"Pakistani soldiers fired 25 rounds of Pika rifles and 5 Rocket Projectile Grenades on our forward defence locations in Chakan-Da-Bagh in Poonch sector," he said.
The firing was intermittent and continued for a brief period, the PRO said adding Indian troops did not retaliate. This is the second ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops in the last four days.
On May 24, a Brigadier and two jawans were injured when Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions along the LoC in Tutmari Gali sector.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right