India lifts hold on visa-on-arrival for Pak senior citizens
The facility was put on hold hours before its operationalisation after an Indian soldier was allegedly beheaded by Pak army.
New Delhi: The visa-on-arrival facility for senior citizens of Pakistan, which was put on hold by India following heightened tensions along the Line of Control (LoC), has been restarted from March 31. The facility was put on hold hours before its operationalisation on January 15 after an Indian soldier was allegedly beheaded and another was brutally murdered by Pakistani army.
The Wagah border is also now open for Pakistani senior citizens. The Indian government had cited technical issues while freezing the visa service.
In March, India had also put on hold the proposed group tourist visa facility to Pakistani nationals in the wake of growing unease in bilateral. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had asked Pakistan to create a more conducive environment to take the normalisation process forward.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team