Pak: Woman arrested for forcing daughter to marry
Tasleem Kausar was allegedly forcing her 11-year-old daughter to marry a man in his 40s.
Lahore: A woman in the eastern Pakistani city has been arrested for forcing her 11-year-old daughter to marry a man in his 40s.
Muhammad Niaz, resident of the thickly populated Ghorey Shah neighbourhood in Lahore called police on Saturday and complained that his wife Tasleem Kausar was trying to forcibly marry their daughter Farzana with a neighbour.
"The girl is reluctant to marry but her mother is insisting on the marriage. She has threatened to expel Farzana from the house," Niaz said.
He said he had been without work for several weeks following which his wife decided to 'sell' their daughter.
Police arrested Tasleem while the prospective groom managed to escape.
A case was registered against the woman under provisions of the Pakistan Penal Code.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test