DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pak: Woman arrested for forcing daughter to marry
Tasleem Kausar was allegedly forcing her 11-year-old daughter to marry a man in his 40s.
Lahore: A woman in the eastern Pakistani city has been arrested for forcing her 11-year-old daughter to marry a man in his 40s.
Muhammad Niaz, resident of the thickly populated Ghorey Shah neighbourhood in Lahore called police on Saturday and complained that his wife Tasleem Kausar was trying to forcibly marry their daughter Farzana with a neighbour.
"The girl is reluctant to marry but her mother is insisting on the marriage. She has threatened to expel Farzana from the house," Niaz said.
He said he had been without work for several weeks following which his wife decided to 'sell' their daughter.
Police arrested Tasleem while the prospective groom managed to escape.
A case was registered against the woman under provisions of the Pakistan Penal Code.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise