DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pak woman jailed for acid attack on ex-fiance's dad
As her ex-fiance prepared to marry another woman, Rukhsana went to his house and had a scuffle with his relatives.
Islamabad: A Pakistani woman who attacked her ex-fiance's father with acid after their engagement was called off by the man's family has been awarded a 34-year jail term by an anti-terrorism court. The court at Faisalabad in Punjab province announced the verdict on Thursday against the woman identified only as Rukhsana after recording evidence and the statements of witnesses.
It was not clear why the case was handled by the anti-terrorism court. Rukhsana was arrested after the acid attack on Akhtar Razzaq, her ex-fiance's father, on November 20, 2010. At that time, she was engaged to Mohammad Shehzad.
Their engagement was called off due to unknown reasons by Shehzad's family.
As Shehzad prepared to marry another woman, Rukhsana went to his house and had a scuffle with his relatives.
She tried to throw acid on Shehzad but his father Akhtar Razzaq jumped in front of him.
The acid attack left Razzaq blind in one eye and he suffered serious burns on his body.
The police then arrested Rukhsana and charged her for the offence.
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa