Pak woman jailed for acid attack on ex-fiance's dad
As her ex-fiance prepared to marry another woman, Rukhsana went to his house and had a scuffle with his relatives.
Islamabad: A Pakistani woman who attacked her ex-fiance's father with acid after their engagement was called off by the man's family has been awarded a 34-year jail term by an anti-terrorism court. The court at Faisalabad in Punjab province announced the verdict on Thursday against the woman identified only as Rukhsana after recording evidence and the statements of witnesses.
It was not clear why the case was handled by the anti-terrorism court. Rukhsana was arrested after the acid attack on Akhtar Razzaq, her ex-fiance's father, on November 20, 2010. At that time, she was engaged to Mohammad Shehzad.
Their engagement was called off due to unknown reasons by Shehzad's family.
As Shehzad prepared to marry another woman, Rukhsana went to his house and had a scuffle with his relatives.
She tried to throw acid on Shehzad but his father Akhtar Razzaq jumped in front of him.
The acid attack left Razzaq blind in one eye and he suffered serious burns on his body.
The police then arrested Rukhsana and charged her for the offence.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines