Pakistan: 12 killed in suicide attack in Peshawar
The bomber intended to target FC Commandant Abdul Majeed Marwat, security officials said.
Islamabad: At least 12 people were killed and 31 injured in a suicide attack in Pakistan Friday as a convoy of security personnel near the US Consulate in Peshawar city was targeted police said. The suicide bomber detonated his explosives near a Frontier Constabulary convoy in a high security area of the city, Dawn reported.
The bomber intended to target FC Commandant Abdul Majeed Marwat, security officials said. He, however, managed to escape the attack relatively unhurt.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan later claimed responsibility for the attack, saying they targeted the FC for their repeated operations against the Taliban and tribal people. Police Superintendent Mohammad Faisal said eight to 10 kg of explosive were used in the blast.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards