Pakistan: 12 killed in suicide attack in Peshawar
The bomber intended to target FC Commandant Abdul Majeed Marwat, security officials said.
Islamabad: At least 12 people were killed and 31 injured in a suicide attack in Pakistan Friday as a convoy of security personnel near the US Consulate in Peshawar city was targeted police said. The suicide bomber detonated his explosives near a Frontier Constabulary convoy in a high security area of the city, Dawn reported.
The bomber intended to target FC Commandant Abdul Majeed Marwat, security officials said. He, however, managed to escape the attack relatively unhurt.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan later claimed responsibility for the attack, saying they targeted the FC for their repeated operations against the Taliban and tribal people. Police Superintendent Mohammad Faisal said eight to 10 kg of explosive were used in the blast.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- India's oil imports from Saudi Arabia and Iraq hit the highest in more than a decade
- Saudi Arabia to raise petrol prices by up to 40 per cent
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli