Pakistan: 16-year-old girl shoots herself in class
A message written on her right arm asked her mother to forgive her and claimed a man named Asad had harassed her and made her life miserable.
Islamabad: A schoolgirl committed suicide by shooting herself inside a classroom in a town near the Pakistani capital after she was allegedly harassed by a man. The 16-year-old student of class 10 shot herself with a pistol during an examination on Wednesday. She was a student of the Government Girls Centennial Model High School in Haripur, located about 60 km from Islamabad.
Officials at a local hospital said the girl's body had several bruises. A message written on her right arm asked her mother to forgive her and claimed a man named Asad had harassed her and made her life miserable.
A mobile phone number was written on her left arm. Police rang the number but found it was switched off, officials said. A teacher at the school told police that other students had said that the girl initially pulled out a bottle of acid and tried to drink it. The other girls snatched the bottle from her hand. She then took out a pistol from her bag and shot herself, the teacher said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right