DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pakistan: 16-year-old girl shoots herself in class
A message written on her right arm asked her mother to forgive her and claimed a man named Asad had harassed her and made her life miserable.
Islamabad: A schoolgirl committed suicide by shooting herself inside a classroom in a town near the Pakistani capital after she was allegedly harassed by a man. The 16-year-old student of class 10 shot herself with a pistol during an examination on Wednesday. She was a student of the Government Girls Centennial Model High School in Haripur, located about 60 km from Islamabad.
Officials at a local hospital said the girl's body had several bruises. A message written on her right arm asked her mother to forgive her and claimed a man named Asad had harassed her and made her life miserable.
A mobile phone number was written on her left arm. Police rang the number but found it was switched off, officials said. A teacher at the school told police that other students had said that the girl initially pulled out a bottle of acid and tried to drink it. The other girls snatched the bottle from her hand. She then took out a pistol from her bag and shot herself, the teacher said.
Recommended For You
- Europa League: Ajax, Man United Indulge in Banter Ahead of Final
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan Join Break The Beard Club
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond