DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pakistan: 17 soldiers killed in suicide bomber attack
North Waziristan is home to some of the world's most dangerous militant groups, including the Taliban and al Qaeda.
Miranshah (Pakistan): The death toll from a suicide bombing on a military check post in Pakistan's North Waziristan region has reached 17, the military said on Sunday.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack on Saturday, which prompted the regional government to impose a curfew in the tribal region near the Afghan border.
The military responded with mortar and artillery fire directed at positions held by the Taliban. In a statement, the military said 17 security forces personnel "embraced martyrdom".
North Waziristan is home to some of the world's most dangerous militant groups, including the Taliban and al Qaeda, who are fighting to topple the US-backed government in Islamabad.
Recommended For You
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet