Pakistan: 17 soldiers killed in suicide bomber attack
North Waziristan is home to some of the world's most dangerous militant groups, including the Taliban and al Qaeda.
Miranshah (Pakistan): The death toll from a suicide bombing on a military check post in Pakistan's North Waziristan region has reached 17, the military said on Sunday.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack on Saturday, which prompted the regional government to impose a curfew in the tribal region near the Afghan border.
The military responded with mortar and artillery fire directed at positions held by the Taliban. In a statement, the military said 17 security forces personnel "embraced martyrdom".
North Waziristan is home to some of the world's most dangerous militant groups, including the Taliban and al Qaeda, who are fighting to topple the US-backed government in Islamabad.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner