DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pakistan: 4 killed, 58 injured in suicide attack in Quetta
Several rockets were fired at different parts of Quetta shortly before the suicide attack.
Islamabad: A suicide attacker blew himself up near the official residence of the provincial police chief in Quetta city of southwestern Pakistan on Sunday, killing four persons and injuring about 58 others. The bomber detonated his explosive vest near the home of Balochistan Police chief Mushtaq Sukhera late this evening.
Four persons were killed instantly. The injured were taken to a nearby hospital, where doctors said several of them were in a serious condition. Several rockets were fired at different parts of Quetta shortly before the suicide attack. The explosions were followed by intense firing, TV news channels reported.
No group claimed responsibility for the suicide attack, which came a day after Pakistan s general election. A string of gun and bomb attacks during and after the polling claimed nearly 50 lives. Caretaker Prime Minister Mir Hazar Khan Khoso condemned the suicide attack and directed the provincial government to tighten security for the protection of lives and property.
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Tubelight: Salman-Starrer Looks Like Innocent Adventure Filled With Belief
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs