Pakistan: 9 killed in minibus blast in Peshawar
Seven persons, including a woman, were killed instantly while two others died later in hospital, police officials said.
Islamabad: Nine persons were killed and 15 others injured on Saturday when a powerful blast ripped through a minibus on the outskirts of Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan, police officials said. A bomb planted inside the minibus exploded as the vehicle was passing through a market in the suburb of Mattani this afternoon.
Seven persons, including a woman, were killed instantly while two others died later in hospital, police officials said. Fifteen injured people, including two women and a child, were taken to a nearby hospital.
About 20 people were in the minibus at the time of the explosion. Footage on television showed the vehicle was reduced to a heap of mangled metal.
Police said the bomb had contained an estimated five kilograms of explosives. The blast damaged several shops in the area.
The market closed down soon after the explosion. Security forces cordoned off the area and prevented people from approaching the minibus due to fears that it could contain more explosive devices. No group claimed responsibility for the blast though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party drama enters 5th day: Akhilesh-Shivpal feud sparks SP-Congress alliance ahead of UP polls- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18