Pakistan draw 2-2 against Korea in Azlan Shah
Pakistan ended their campaign at this year's Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament with a 2-2 draw against Korea here.
Ipoh: Pakistan ended their campaign at this year's Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament with a 2-2 draw against Korea here Saturday. The draw meant both Pakistan and Korea finish their league engagements with five points each.
The game was all about pride than anything else for Pakistan and Korea as both the teams were already out of the contention coming into the match. The Koreans showcased great fighting spirit as twice they came from a goal down to hold the mighty Pakistanis. Pakistan had the better of exchanges in the intial stages of the match. They earned two penalty corners early but on both occasion skipper Muhammad Imran came a cropper.
Salman Hussain then gave Pakistan the lead in the 17th minute, who slotted home from Haseem Khan's cross from the left flank. Korea, however, restored the parity just four minutes into the second half through a penalty corner conversion by Hyun Hye Sung.
Pakistan surged ahead again, when Haseem Khan scored a field goal in the 47th minute before an own goal gave Korea the equaliser in the 53rd minute. Yoon Sung Hoon sent in a reverse hit inside the 'D', more in hope, but found an obliging Pakistan defender Muhammad Irfan, who unerringly deflected the ball in while trying to push it out.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1