Pakistan: Five soldiers killed in suicide bomber attack
The check-post was destroyed in the attack, Xinhua cited the statement as saying.
Islamabad: At least five soldiers were killed in a suicide attack Saturday night on an army check-post in Pakistan's northwest tribal region, an army statement said. The Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the mouthpiece of the Pakistan military, said that a suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden vehicle into the check-post in Miran Shah, the capital of North Waziristan.
The check-post was destroyed in the attack, Xinhua cited the statement as saying. Other media reports said six people were killed and 18 were wounded.
No group has taken responsibility for the attack.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?