Pakistan game will be the usual tough encounter: Nobbs
India face archrivals Pakistan on Tuesday and are yet to win a game in Ipoh, having lost their first two encounters to Australia and Korea.
New Delhi: With two out of two defeats, India can't settle for anything less than a win when they meet archrivals Pakistan in their third match of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup tournament in Ipoh, Malaysia, but coach Michael Nobbs feels a wounded Pakistan and India's lack of experience may have a telling effect on the game.
Pakistan are coming from a 0-6 hammering they got from Australia in their last match, after securing a hard-fought 4-3 win against New Zealand in the tournament opener. India, on the other hand, are still without a win having lost to Australia 3-4 and Korea 1-2.
But a match against Pakistan brings the best out of Indian players, and Nobbs, talking to IBNLive.com from Malaysia, said this match will be no different and prove to be "the usual tough encounter".
"The game against Pakistan will be the usual tough encounter, and Pakistan - coming off a thrashing by Australia - will be certainly trying to make amends for that result," he said as the young Indian team, which has ten under-21 players in the squad, prepares for the big match.
India are currently sharing the last position on the leaderboard with New Zealand - with both the teams yet to open their account and having a goal difference of -2 each. But Nobbs says his young team's inexperience could have an effect on the result on Tuesday, indicating Pakistan begin as favourites.
"We have lost the first two games by just lack of experience and this may be a telling factor in this next game. However, we will certainly be trying for a good result for our team and our first victory," he concluded.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon