Pakistan: Nine militants shot dead, dumped on road
The dead men, linked to the Pakistan Taliban, were found Monday off a road in Pir Kili village.
Pakistan: Pakistani intelligence officials say they have found the bodies of nine militants dumped in the North Waziristan tribal region. Three intelligence officials say the nine people were shot several times in the head and chest.
Their bodies were found Monday off a road in Pir Kili village. They said the dead men were linked to the Pakistani Taliban. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak to reporters.
North Waziristan is a hub of militant activity near the Afghan border. The militants' bodies were found one day after 21 tribal police personnel who had been abducted were found dead in another tribal region. The incidents illustrate the conflicts among warring factions and militants that plague Pakistan.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology