DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pakistan president seeks report of attacks on Christians
Angry mob torched over 100 houses and shops of minority Christians in the city's Badami Bagh area after a Christian boy was accused of blasphemy.
Islamabad: Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has taken a serious note of attacks on the houses of Christians in Lahore and sought a report from the authorities over the incident, Xinhua reported.
Angry mob torched over 100 houses and shops of minority Christians in the city's Badami Bagh area after a Christian boy was accused of blasphemy, police and residents said.
Police arrested the accused and his father on Friday. But hundreds of people broke into the houses of Christians, looted them and burnt the remaining belongings on the roads.
The furious mob pelted stones at the police when they tried to disperse the demonstrators. Several policemen were injured in the incident.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar