Pakistan sets up medical team for Sarabjit's postmortem
Sarabjit Singh died in a Lahore hospital on Thursday. His body has been shifted to the mortuary for autopsy.
Lahore: A medical team is being constituted to conduct the postmortem examination of Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh who died in a Lahore hospital on Thursday, a media report said.
Sarabjit Singh died in Lahore's Jinnah hospital, reported Dawn. His body has been moved to the morgue.
Hospital sources said the postmortem examination would be conducted soon and a medical team is being constituted.
He suffered serious head injuries after being attacked by fellow inmates at Kot Lakhpat jail on April 26. He had been on ventilator support since then.
Sarabjit Singh had been on death row in Pakistan since 1990 after being convicted by Pakistani courts for bomb blasts in Lahore and Multan, which left 14 people dead.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show