Pakistan: Six security personnel killed in attack
Security forces retaliated against the attack and forced the militants to retreat.
Islamabad: Six security personnel were on Tuesday killed and 16 others injured when militants attacked a checkpost in the restive Khyber tribal region of Northwest Pakistan. Militants attacked a checkpost in Shalobar area in Khyber Agency.
State-run Radio Pakistan quoted officials as saying that six security personnel were killed and 16 others injured. Security forces retaliated against the attack and forced the militants to retreat, the officials said.
TV news channels reported that militants attacks four check posts in Shalobar area. The reports said personnel of the Frontier Corps and Khasadar militia were among those killed in the overnight clash.
The militants attacked the troops with heavy weapons that damaged one of the check posts. The attacks occurred in an area dominated by the Lashkar-e-Islam group led by warlord Mangal Bagh Afridi.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be