Pakistan Welcomes China-Pak Friendship Car Rally
Representative Image: Banner showing Pakistan's President Mamnoon Hussain (L), China's President Xi Jinping (C) and Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif (Reuters) Representative Image
Islamabad: A China-Pak Friendship Car Rally that initiated from Xinjiang in China has been welcomed in different areas of Pakistan and is on its way to Rawalpindi, officials said.
According to an official, the rally that entered Pakistan via Khunjrab Pass on Friday was warmly welcomed by the local administration and military personnel, Xinhua news agency reported.
The rally, comprising 20 cars with 52 people on board, is being held to highlight the significance of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and the Silk Road.
The participants attended a flag hoisting ceremony in Gilgit-Baltistan.
The rally will pass through major cities of Pakistan until its final stop in the port city of Gwadar.
The rally will also pass through Iran and will be finally concluded in the United Arab Emirates.
"The China-Pak Friendship Car Rally will not only highlight international significance of the CPEC but will also further strengthen existing Sino-Pak relations," the official said.
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 3 Points: Fox News Poll
- US Polls: Have Given USD 100 Million to Campaign, Will Do More, Says Trump
- Donald Trump is the Poster Boy For All That Ails US Economy: Hillary Clinton
- Donald Trump's Hollywood Star Smashed Over Sex Assault Claims
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 10: Rohan, Indiawale Indulge In a Fight Over Luxury Budget Task
- 10,500 People Displaced Due to Mosul Operation: UN
- ISIS Driving Hundreds into Mosul, Using Them as Human Shields
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3