Pakistan Welcomes China-Pak Friendship Car Rally
Representative Image: Banner showing Pakistan's President Mamnoon Hussain (L), China's President Xi Jinping (C) and Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif (Reuters) Representative Image
Islamabad: A China-Pak Friendship Car Rally that initiated from Xinjiang in China has been welcomed in different areas of Pakistan and is on its way to Rawalpindi, officials said.
According to an official, the rally that entered Pakistan via Khunjrab Pass on Friday was warmly welcomed by the local administration and military personnel, Xinhua news agency reported.
The rally, comprising 20 cars with 52 people on board, is being held to highlight the significance of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and the Silk Road.
The participants attended a flag hoisting ceremony in Gilgit-Baltistan.
The rally will pass through major cities of Pakistan until its final stop in the port city of Gwadar.
The rally will also pass through Iran and will be finally concluded in the United Arab Emirates.
"The China-Pak Friendship Car Rally will not only highlight international significance of the CPEC but will also further strengthen existing Sino-Pak relations," the official said.
Recommended For You
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- What’s new?OnePlus 3T Launched at Rs 29,999: All You Need to Know
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- HITCHED!Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech Goa Wedding
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet